Sunday, March 19, 2006

We've got teeth!



Gary was feeding Sally breakfast Thursday and said the spoon kept going "clink, clink." I know what that means. Sure enough, I fed her dinner and heard it too, so I stuck a finger in there and dang if she didn't have TWO teeth on the bottom. And she hasn't been that cranky, either. Well, at least before that she wasn't too cranky. Since then has been another story. She's so fussy...I would think that once the teeth were through, she'd feel better, so maybe she's expecting more. Jenn once got 5 teeth in one month(ugh). I keep feeling around in her mouth. No teeth, but Salome seems to like the gum massage. And she's drooling worse than the dog. I haven't given her orajel though, cause I heard it can make the biting-thing worse. She bit me yesterday and BOY was it shocking! I thought she took a chunk out of me, but all parts of me are intact and unmarked. So we give her tylenol occassionally, when she seems really out sorts. It's just in time, too, cause we started solid food last week and she's been happily gumming bananas and rice ever since.

In other news, we're moving. Richard should be thankful he's in Korea and won't be pressed into duty. We are, however, throwing out a ton of stuff(or giving it away), so it may be one of my easier moves. Gary is in high-motivational-gear, keeping us busily packing and ruthless about what gets tossed. The apartment is in a 2 family. It reminds me of the old house, with wood floors and wide moldings and even a stained glass window in the dining room. Oh, and glass doorknobs and a pair of french doors leading to the sunporch. Can't wait to have people over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got caught up reading the blogs, both of them are very interesting. The pictures of the baby are also fascinating, they always look so drunk, maybe it's something in the water. I am very glad that Mercedes and I managed to avoid the move, it makes it more fun for the relatives who stay behind. We will return in less than thirty years, in less than one now, just to see how America has changed in our abscence; I'm sure there are new McDonald's and Starbucks under construction that need patronage. From your nephew and niece-in-law.

Shig said...

HaHa, it's not something in the water that makes her look drunk! (It's the milk)...Don't forget Walmart--how can you survive without it?