Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Why Did I Wait So Long?


Today, out of the blue, I wanted a baby blog. I should have started one ages ago, starting with me in enormous maternity clothes followed by gross and explicit scenes from the birthing room. Then every day I could add exactly what times I fed her (12:30, 2:30, 4:30, 6:30, 8:30, 9:06, 10:30, etc-you get the idea. But this pregnancy didn't really lead me to introspection. The baby, on the other hand, has led me to a state of joy and bliss hitherto undiscovered. Today, she was in her little bouncy-bounce and her hand reached out to move a little, plastic piece from one side to the other and I realized, "She is trying to do something ON PURPOSE!" It was like a little epiphany, for her and for me. I'm up to my waders in baby love and sinking fast.

No comments: