Monday, February 20, 2006

How Did I Get Here?

It never ceases to amaze me that Salome is mine(well, ours. Sorry Gar). I look at her and wonder how she got here. I mean, I KNOW how she got here. But even after 9 months of puking, heartburn and sleeplessness, it seems too easy. We didn't have to file any requests or take a test or anything. I've done more paperwork to adopt a cat from the pound. It's amazing. And here she is, ours to keep forever.

Now, I'm not suggesting that people need a license to get a child. Mostly because I think it's fraught with the possibility of abuse. Could you imagine the Bush administration letting someone like me have a child. Preposterous. More important, something so mysterious should never become the realm of beaurocrats. Babies shouldn't be ordered using form 65-B, filled out in triplicate. I like to keep looking in wonder at her and you know, she looks the same way at me sometimes.

No comments: